Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"You look like a bird who's swallowed a plate."


Had kind of a burst of writing inspiration this morning.  Ah, Stumbleupon, how I love thee~

Also quite looking forward to seeing Christchurch and the East coast of the South Island.  And whales!  Dolphins!  Mountains!  Seafood!  And vino!

Wandered around Auckland Uni with Mr. T last night—it’s a wonderful campus, and if I were still an undergrad I would be all atwitter about studying here.

And, I have a confession: I am the tightest wad that ever wadded.  Seriously, I’m not even interested in doing all the fun things here that cost mega-amounts of money (they’re not actually that expensive, I’m just cheap).  I want a job..!

So, no Sky City.  No ferries to the beach, I don’t think, and no busses to the hills outside Auckland, because getting to Kaikoura’s already making me bite my knuckles.  

Besides, I’m having the most fun wandering around.  I think I’ll go to the Rock Shop soon and beg to be let onto one of their keyboards…

2 comments:

  1. Auckland Uni looks cool. Did you know about this:

    http://www.arts.auckland.ac.nz/uoa/home/about/subjects-and-courses/ethnomusicology

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard about ethnomusicology, but I just don't know if it's for me. Just another of those things I'm not sure about. :)

    ReplyDelete